Monday, August 10, 2009

Trinidad Beach Cleanup
















Organized a great coastal cleanup this past Saturday, August 8th, at Trinidad Head State Beach. I had about 12 Humboldt Surfrider volunteers show up and we cleaned up the beach, parking lots, and small beach on the boat launch side. It was great to have a good group for this cleanup, and especially nice to see the amount of children brought along to help clean up our beaches. There was one large piece of rusted steel that we'll have to go back for with cutting tools, so we can take it out in pieces. As a bonus for our efforts, the sun made an appearance as we were wrapping up. Thank you all for coming out in support of a cleaner coastline.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cleaners.
Thanks for caring for Trinidad Beach!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Trinidad to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon...would love to share all your hard work!
Jane